Flying Ant



When I was around seven I was in the primary school lunch hall, and getting ready to eat my smiley face potatoes, and artificial meat product from one of those weird plastic plates with indented areas for each bit of your meal. 



The dinner lady threw different bits of dinner in the different sections with reckless abandon and I went and sat down to eat at one of the long foldaway tables. At this point I was a big fan of salt and pepper and the teachers foolishly had decided to leave the shakers on the table for us to help ourselves. I felt overcome with power, I felt like a condiment GOD.  I couldn't help myself. I poured that sun'bitch all over my smileys until they were almost buried, 



As I tucked in, the saltyness hit me, and I felt a tightness begin to build in my throat until...




I sprayed a cloud of pepper and mashed potato directly into the face of the kid opposite me, causing a kind of mace-like-effect which looked like it temporarily blinded him. I was too busy dealing with the salty horribleness going on in my mouth at the time to be much use to him. I downed a glass of water, eyes streaming, and then stared down at my food feeling wronged by the salt and saw there was a flying ant making a snow angel in my smiley face wonderland.


I freaked out. An insect. In my food. Had I already eaten one? Had I created the perfect home for insects and where they about to burst out of the woodwork and leap onto my plate?

My salty and peppery throat combined with the idea of eating insects made me feel sick. So I got up, ran to the toilet, dry heaved. Walked out, and was confronted by a teacher



"WHERE DID YOU GO?"

"I.. I felt sick"

"OH DID YOU"

This guy then marched into the toilet, then came back out.

"I don't see any vomit. You are lying. Why did you leave the dinner hall without tidying your plate away?" 

"There was a... a fly..n.ant on my food" 

"A FLY AND AN ANT ON YOUR FOOD? WHAT AT THE SAME TIME? WELL THATS CONVENIANT ISN'T IT? "

"no a flying ant"

"DETENTION"

Lessons Learned - Do not drown food in salt and pepper, and do not rush to the toilet to be sick without clearing your plate away correctly or an uppity teacher will make you miss the first half of fairly odd parents.